What’s an injection moulder?
The injection moulder heats plastic pellets (or shredded plastic) and when it’s melting, the plastic is pressed into a mould, so that when it cools down and the plastic is set, a new part has been created. Most of the plastic products that surround us have been made with this technique.
What can you make with it?
Keyrings, jewellery, phone cases, LEGO, comb, figurines, handles, golf tees and many more objects.
What do you need to work with it?
- Shredded plastic waste or pellets
- A mould (in industrial scale they are made of steel, but it can also be made out of aluminium and even acrylic)
- Electricity, single phase power.
- If you want to buy one, we recommend the UK manufacturer Travin. If you buy from them, we’ll give you £45 credit in our products or services.
- You can rent one from us: PLEASE ENQUIRE . Dependant on length of rental and distance from our workshop in Gatwick, Surrey.